By Alexander Mikaberidze
Both concise and wide-ranging, this encyclopedia covers massacres, atrocities, warfare crimes, and genocides, together with acts of inhumanity on all continents; and serves as a reminder that lest we omit, heritage will repeat itself.
• offers assurance of atrocities, massacres, and warfare crimes that's wide-ranging in scope and old standpoint, protecting every thing from genocides to remoted activities that constituted grave breaches of the legislation of war
• includes contributions from over 2 hundred students, together with foreign legislations specialists presently prosecuting struggle crimes
• includes a long chronology of significant atrocities all through history
• Written in obtainable and transparent language acceptable for school beginners and basic readers
Read or Download Atrocities, Massacres, and War Crimes: An Encyclopedia [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia PDF
Similar world history books
In To Be an Actress, Nava Shean tells approximately her lifestyles at the level: from kid's theater in Prague to touring theater within the Czech nation-state, to performances of prisoners in Terezin focus camp, to Israel's nationwide theater, Munich nation theater, and her one-woman exhibits. the typical subject that runs throughout the memoir is Ms.
Nineteenth-century Brazil’s constitutional monarchy credibly devoted to pay off sovereign debt, borrowing again and again in foreign and family capital markets with no default. but it didn't lay the institutional foundations that non-public monetary markets had to thrive. This examine indicates why sovereign creditworthiness didn't inevitably translate into monetary improvement.
This present day, while "globalization" is a buzzword invoked in approximately each realm, we flip again to the eighteenth century and witness the inherent globalization of its wants and, every now and then, its accomplishments. throughout the chronological eighteenth century, studying and data have been in detail attached throughout disciplinary and geographical limitations, but the connections themselves are mostly unstudied.
First released in 2000, alternate, go back and forth, and Exploration: An Encyclopedia covers the folk, locations, applied sciences, and highbrow ideas that contributed to exchange, go back and forth and exploration through the heart a while, from the years C. E. 525 to 1492. This entire reference paintings comprises entries on a great number of topics, together with established subject matters resembling the voyages of Columbus and Marco Polo, and likewise info that's tougher to discover, for instance, the traditions of go back and forth between Muslim girls and the impact of Viking commute on navigation and geographical wisdom.
- A Seafarer's Decoding of the Irish Symbols: The Oldest Testament: 3200 BCE to 2500 BCE
- Roxolana in European Literature, History and Culture
- Explorers, Fortunes and Love Letters: A Window on New Netherland (Mount Ida Press)
- Sir John Moore: The Making of a Controversial Hero
Additional info for Atrocities, Massacres, and War Crimes: An Encyclopedia [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia
Atrocities, Massacres, and War Crimes: An Encyclopedia [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia by Alexander Mikaberidze