By Chester Pach,Chester J. Pach
- Thoughtfully accommodates new and important literature on Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Thoroughly examines either the Eisenhower period and the guy himself, broadening the old scope during which Eisenhower is known and interpreted
- Presents a whole photograph of Eisenhower’s many jobs in ancient context: the person, basic, president, flesh presser, and citizen
- This significant other is the precise place to begin for somebody discovering the US in the course of the Eisenhower years and a useful advisor for graduate scholars and complex undergraduates in background, political technology, and coverage studies
- Meticulously edited via a number one authority at the Eisenhower presidency with chapters by means of overseas specialists on political, overseas, social, and cultural history
Read Online or Download A Companion to Dwight D. Eisenhower (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best world history books
In To Be an Actress, Nava Shean tells approximately her lifestyles at the degree: from kid's theater in Prague to touring theater within the Czech nation-state, to performances of prisoners in Terezin focus camp, to Israel's nationwide theater, Munich kingdom theater, and her one-woman exhibits. the typical subject matter that runs throughout the memoir is Ms.
Nineteenth-century Brazil’s constitutional monarchy credibly dedicated to pay off sovereign debt, borrowing time and again in foreign and household capital markets with no default. but it did not lay the institutional foundations that personal monetary markets had to thrive. This research exhibits why sovereign creditworthiness didn't unavoidably translate into monetary improvement.
This day, whilst "globalization" is a buzzword invoked in approximately each realm, we flip again to the eighteenth century and witness the inherent globalization of its wants and, now and then, its accomplishments. through the chronological eighteenth century, studying and data have been in detail hooked up throughout disciplinary and geographical limitations, but the connections themselves are principally unstudied.
First released in 2000, alternate, trip, and Exploration: An Encyclopedia covers the folks, locations, applied sciences, and highbrow innovations that contributed to alternate, shuttle and exploration in the course of the heart a long time, from the years C. E. 525 to 1492. This finished reference paintings comprises entries on quite a few topics, together with popular themes equivalent to the voyages of Columbus and Marco Polo, and likewise info that's more challenging to discover, for instance, the traditions of trip between Muslim ladies and the impression of Viking go back and forth on navigation and geographical wisdom.
- The Search for the Man in the Iron Mask: A Historical Detective Story
- Tradition and Innovation in English Retailing, 1700 to 1850: Narratives of Consumption (History of Retailing and Consumption)
- Iron Admirals: Naval Leadership in the Twentieth Century (Contributions in Military Studies)
- Amistad's Orphans: An Atlantic Story of Children, Slavery, and Smuggling
- Death Before Glory: The British Soldier in the West Indies in the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars 1793-1815
Additional resources for A Companion to Dwight D. Eisenhower (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Dwight D. Eisenhower (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Chester Pach,Chester J. Pach